Lost in love

 Valentine’s Day, also called St. Valentine’s Day, holiday (February 14) when lovers express their affection with greetings and gifts. Given their similarities, it has been suggested that the holiday has origins in the Roman festival of Lupercalia, held in mid-February. The festival, which celebrated the coming of spring, included fertility rites and the pairing off of women with men by lottery. At the end of the 5th century, Pope Gelasius I forbid the celebration of Lupercalia and is sometimes attributed with replacing it with St. Valentine’s Day, but the true origin of the holiday is vague at best. Valentine’s Day did not come to be celebrated as a day of romance until about the 14th century. 

What I’m a doing? Well, I go to school and wear a black polo that symbolizes my romantic relationship didn’t last February 14 as the school required to wear the color of clothes that you want to express what you feel in this year’s valentine’s day. As the day start, I simply listen to my teachers as they are teaching like everybody do in a normal day. This 2023 year’s valentine’s day are just like normal days. But it is little special as I get to spend more time with my family. This year, I didn’t enjoy that much because the person I want to celebrate with is not with me anymore. The excitement I have and the feeling of excitement are lost due to the infidelity of my past relationship. This year’s valentine’s day are maybe a little worst as I get lonely because of what my partner did to me. And I can’t feel the excitement of the valentine’s day anymore as if that day are just a normal one. 

Ultimately, the significance of Valentine’s Day lies in the effort we put into expressing our feelings for others, rather than in the gifts we give or receive. It is a reminder that love is a powerful force that can bring happiness and fulfillment into our lives. Whether you spent the day with a loved one or enjoyed your own company, the important thing is to cherish the relationships that bring joy and meaning to our lives, not just on Valentine’s Day but every day. 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day

10 long years

Reflection 3rd Quarter